Developing The Young Workforce
P5 had employees of Wills Brothers who are the main contractors for building the new Ness-side Bridge in to talk about their jobs. Before they came P5 got together to make a list of the questions that we could ask them.
- It was interesting because we got to hear from 5 different people and their experiences in their job.
- I learnt that it doesn’t matter if you are male or female to become a builder or office manger or digger driver.
- A digger can move at 4/5 miles an hour.
- You need maths for all the jobs we listened to today.
- If the digger get stuck when its raining it is hard to pull it out.
- In every job there are dangers but that’s what the health and safety manager looks after.
- One of the workers went to more than 30 countries with his job.
- You need to be good at maths, reading and writing in all the jobs for example for doing reports.
- Office managers need good organisational skills.