Today we did lots of maths related activities to help us find out more about dinosaurs. We did some measuring, used coordinates and did some adding. We also had a tour of the UHI campus and learnt what jobs you can train to be at the university.
Today we learnt:
- About dinosaur fossils and how they look like rocks today.
- About different jobs the people go to the college to learn about.
- How dinosaur poo turned into rock over time.
- That there are 3 floors in the college.
- How big a dinosaurs step was, it was about 570cm.
- If all the students in the college were there on the same day there would be 6000 people there.
- That mechanics wear boiler suits or overalls on their body.
- That the mechanics have metal plates in their shoes to keep their feet safe in case they drop anything on their toes.
- You can only tell if it’s a dinosaur bone if it has holes in it.
I liked the show ‘James and the Giant Peach’ because ………….
- I had never read James and the Giant Peach before but now I am going to read it.
- It had lots of music which I like.
- It was really funny in all sorts of ways like the lady bird doing funny things with the net.
- I recognised some of the songs and they were really good.
- There were lots of props in it.
- It was really funny; they were singing together with funny sun glasses on.
- It explained the story of James and the Giant Peach really well.
- I knew all the songs.
Please see attached Newsletter from Mrs Mackay.
Please Note: Newsletters and Weekly Updates are no longer being sent out in paper format, however, you can find them on the Blog, on Twitter and via email.
For anyone who does not have access to any of these mediums, please contact the office or pop in for a paper copy.
If you would like to receive this information by email, and don’t already, please contact email@example.com with your name and oldest child’s name & class, I will then add you to the distribution list.
Thank you for helping us in our efforts to reduce paper and be a more eco friendly school, we appreciate your support.
Apolgies, but due to staff illness Girls Football today has had to be cancelled.
Welcome back – I hope you all had a fantastic summer with your family and friends. We have a very exciting year ahead!
We’ll draw and we’ll write,
We’ll sing and we’ll play,
We’ll paint and we’ll build,
And learn new things each day!